Kevin Brown at Elekta; Project advisor
Kevin J. Brown, MA
CPhys, FnstP, Global Vice President, Scientific Research
- The technology of Elekta’s products and its impact on clinical use
- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT) including Volumetric Intensity Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- The radiotherapy patent domain
- The interaction between technology and clinical goals
- Technology trends
- Comparative or competitive technologies
- Brown has spent the earlier part of his career designing radiotherapy equipment in the disciplines of physics, electronics and software.
- Brown is responsible for Elekta’s collaborative research relationships with key hospitals and, in particular, the management of the Elekta Synergy® Research Group and the International IMRT Consortium. These two groups have helped Elekta to achieve rapid advancements in technology and its clinical application.
Publications and Media Involvement
- Brown is an inventor of several patents and a regular presenter at industry meetings.
For more information about the company please visit www.elekta.com